Recap: HEAT 89 – Mavericks 96
The Heat lost on the road Monday night in Dallas against the Mavericks. Miami took hold of the first and fourth quarters, out scoring the Mavs by 11 points but it wasn’t enough to finish the job. The Mavs came out in the second and third quarters like gangbusters to finish the game with a 96-89 win.
Dragic was Miami’s leading scorer of the night with 24 points. The Slovenian scored the Heat’s last point of the game. With 4:39 to play he made a three to put Miami ahead 89-84. He went 10-of-21 shooting with 6 assists and 5 rebounds.*
“We know we need to play better. Tonight we know exactly why we lost this game.” – Goran Dragic
With 19 points and 19 rebounds, Whiteside came out of the game just shy of a 20-20. This season it was his 38th double-double pushing him to 101 in his career. The 27-year-old also raised his dunk score to 110 of the season.*
- Injuries include Willie Reed who is out with right ankle bursitis. He won’t need a boot or crutches. Justise Winslow is out for surgery on his right shoulder and Josh McRoberts is out with a left foot stress fracture.*
- Dion Waiters finished the game with 12 points and six assists.
- Rodney McGruder also helped the team with his five points. He defended Matthews on the Mavs and later Curry.*
- This was the last road game Miami has against a West team.
The Heat have a home game against the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday March 1. The game will begin at 7:30 p.m.
Ways to Watch/Listen
- TV: FS-Sun
- Radio: 790 The Ticket or S: WAQI 710 AM